It's cold outside! The Romans came up with just the thing to keep the chills at bay - mulled wine. And thanks to the Peruvian artisans at CIAP, you can serve it in style too.
What are you waiting for?! Get mulling with this European inspired recipe.
- 10 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 roughly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups water
- roughly grated rind of 1 orange
- 1 apple, roughly chopped (skin on)
- 750ml fruity red wine (such as a merlot)
- Heat cloves, cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg, water, orange rind and apple in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add red wine and simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Strain and divide among serving glasses. Serve immediately.