Hi! Since we're hanging out so often, I thought it might be nice to actually introduce myself...
My name is Aimée and I make up one half of the dream team that is Wanderlust People!
Obviously my favourite thing in the world to do is travel. But here are a few little insights into my world....
- In this photo I'm sitting at a gorgeous little tapas bar on the waterfront in Biarritz, France, right on the Spanish border. This was my first big overseas journey as a Mum. We had already taken our baby to New Zealand to meet his family when he was four months old but when he was nine months old we went on a big five-week trip around Western Europe - Italy, the south of France and parts of Spain.
- My favourite cultural immersion destination is India. There is no better place to travel if you want to be smacked in the face with everything - colours, smells, sights, sounds. India is like a boisterous, vivacious, larger-than-life grandmother - smooshing your face into her buxom bosom. There are moments when you want nothing more than to escape but if you can relax into it and take it all in (the country, not the bosom) it will be unforgettable! India is probably the destination I most frequently linger over in my thoughts and dream about returning to. Maybe. There are probably a few places that fit this category!
- My best adventure trip is South America. I've only scraped the surface of this mammoth continent but our three weeks in Peru and Bolivia was jam-packed with adventure like no other trip before. Multiple treks, crazy down-hill mountain biking, white-water rafting and zip-lining. With scenery that will blow your mind and altitudes of dizzying heights, South America is an adrenalin junkie's paradise.
- Best gastronomical destination is hard to pick! If I had to pick one place I would say San Sebastian, Spain. There is something amazing about the pintxos scene in San Seb where every little bar serves pinxtos (literally means "small snacks") but if you find the right bar or restaurant your taste buds will explode with joy. Overall though, French food is my vice and I can't go past France as my favourite foodie destination. What's not to love about starting the day with pastry and ending it with confit duck right?
- Best destination for relaxing would have to be the Gili Islands in Lombok, Indonesia.
- Best getaway in my own backyard is Byron Bay. It's only a few hours drive from home so my year wouldn't be complete without one or two long weekends in Byron - where the beaches are stunning, the coffee is a-plenty, the restaurants are divine and the vibes are chilled.
- My last trip was to Hawaii
- My next trip is undecided! I'm open for tips so hit me up!