There's no doubt the world can be a crazy and sometimes overwhelming place. News of war and politics, famine and drought bombard us daily. In fact sometimes by the minute if we are connected to our smart phones. And yes, we should be concerned. We should be aware. We should have an opinion. But amidst the madness and the upheaval there is something simple and beautiful. Amazing people, doing some pretty cool stuff.
Frontier Innovators is highlighting some of these amazing people through the Frontier Innovators awards which honours some of the most impactful businesses and organisations across Asia Pacific. And trust me, there are plenty of projects and innovators to choose from. I love seeing amazing people doing cool things to make this world a better place. Here are some of my personal favourites:
- aQysta is has developed sustainable, hydro-powered irrigation systems that do not use any fuel and can be operated at virtually zero cost! How cool is that?!?! Sustainable and free!
- Backstreet Academy is a peer-to-peer impact travel platform that connects travellers with local guides, building connections and increasing incomes. Well you know us - if it makes travel better, we are IN!
- Eco Energy is a sales, service and distribution network in Pakistan that provides affordable, cutting-edge solar technology directly to people with no access to electricity. So cool!
- Mama's Laef is producing environmentally friendly, reusable menstrual hygiene pads that empower and educate women in Vanuatu. I love that this project is breaking down barriers to girls' education AND is environmentally friendly. Mega cool.
- Sehat Kahani in Pakistan is Bringing female doctors back into the workforce and improving rural healthcare through women-focused telehealth solutions. So much yes.
If that's not enough to inspire you on a Monday, well I'm not sure we can be friends anymore. ;-) But if you're keen for more inspo, head over to the Frontier Innovators page and meet the entire line of finalists.
And if you want to keep the inspiring vibes flowing, head over to our website and find out more about our philosophical values and what we stand for. We think you will like it. :-)